Existential Crisis

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I had always hoped love would be forever... but then i've loved thrice so far... each time its had its failings... Twice I've picked up the pieces.... moved on.... stiching the bits of my heart I managed to salvage...

Here's a couple of things I've learnt along the way. Opinions, points of view, observations all my own:

1.) Like the men I fall for are all intelligent and good looking. But men with issues. Somehow I realise they have issues yet I fall for them. Yea, not very intelligent am I?

2.) With every relationship I decide I'm never going to let the man be the center of my existence. And then I go do just that. One word to describe me? It's cupid ... stupid.. Oops that's a sentence.. who cares its my blog.

3.) Every time I see a relationship end. In my mind the song "It must have been love but its' over now" plays in repeat mode. Why? Who knows? Some mental closure exercise I guess.

4.) Both of my ex's I tried to be friends with. First one got married to some poor chick and fathered a child. Why? Coz the boyfriend he was doting on after dumping me and the next man in line, cheated on him. That's when I stopped talking to him. Ironically he moved to the city where the 2nd ex lives. He, who I never realised how dependent he was on me till he went into depression and almost killed himself. After I moved back to India that is. I couldnt go back to him. My mother was about to die. She who had borne me, raised me, lived for me, held me back. The 2nd ex stopped talking to me.

5.) I realise that post number 1 I react to anyone attempting to woo me (sexually, emotionally) through a rather predictable curve. First I look past them, then if they persist, lustily indulge them, and finally go head over heels. I think I lost number 3 somewhere in stage one after I withdrew into my shell post a good night's .. how should I put it... passion?.. that's a good word... Now two years on I'm trying desperately to work my way back into a heart where I once was testily considering moving into...

6.) Running out of things to write... guess I wasn't as deep as I thought I was : ) .. and number 3 beckons distractingly...msn here i come

4 Comments:

Blogger Nitin Karani said...

Don't we all have some issue or the other? :-)

Or did you mean issues around being gay, with our identity(ies)?

Btw, can i please have a copy of the show on a CD?

Thu Feb 23, 10:15:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Id boi. ... how else do u expect people to contact ya for a date :))
and ya cute blog...

Vij

Mon Feb 27, 06:54:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ola! guess yure not talking to me no more... or jus got busy...but it would be nice if did get back in touch

Ryan

Wed Mar 01, 03:37:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Felix said...

yeah, luv is 4rever, but i believe, it only starts 2 work after u meet da rite guy.. else, infatuations r wat end in a *break-up*... :-)

Fri Mar 03, 01:48:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home